The perfect vegitarian option to the traditional Chili Colorado.
My husband loves Chili Colorado but being a recent convert to being a vegitarian I needed a version for myself.
I made the beans over night in a crock pot, packaged them up and let them chill in the fridge. Then made the meat version before I went to work.
Only problem is, my husband loved it so much there are hardley any leftovers.
8 hours, 35 minutes
- Stem and seed the dry chilis and add them to a large bowl.
- Cover them with 3 1/2 cups hot water to reconstitute for about 20 minutes or untill soft.
- Blend the chilis with water and fresh vegitables in a blender until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into a crock pot with the rest of the water.
- Add the beans and spices.
- Stir well.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.