My son is a big vanilla fan. I make this every summer and it disapears fast. Nothing beats homemade ice cream.
If you use non-fat milk, substitute heavy cream for the half and half.
1 1⁄2 tablespoonCorn Starch
1 1⁄2 tablespoonVanilla (NOT IMITATION!)
2 3⁄4 cupsHeavy Cream
1 1⁄2 cupHalf and Half
- Mix the sugar, corn starch and salt in a large suace pan. Over medium heat slowly stir in the milk, stiring constantly.
- Very slowly add the beaten eggs and continue to stir. Reduce heat to low and cook until mixture thickens slightly.
- Slowly add vanilla, half and half and heavy cream
- Pour into a large glass bowl and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until mixture has chilled.
- Remove from the refigerator and pour into a frezzing canister and follow the istructions for your machine.